COVID-19 DECEMBER REMINDERS!
Dear Fannie Lou Families:
Winter break is almost here! After Thanksgiving, across the city, we saw a rise in COVID cases. I want to take a moment to share a few reminders with everyone as we head into another time where we may be seeing family and friends and then returning to school. We all must work together to keep each other safe and healthy!
Get tested for COVID!
- We offer testing at school on a weekly basis. Please make sure that your child is consented for COVID testing in school! You can do this easily on your NYCSA portal OR you can call or email Brenda or Fio in the main office to get you set up. Random testing helps us make sure that we catch COVID early -- even if a child or adult has no symptoms!
- Brenda’s email: [email protected]; Fio’s email: [email protected] or call (718) 319-7270
- All New Yorkers age 5 or older are eligible to be vaccinated for COVID-19.
- People who are between 5 and 17 years old are eligible for the Pfizer vaccine only; all older ages are eligible for all three vaccines.
- Students must be vaccinated to participate in high-risk extra curricular activities such as sports, dance, chorus, and theater.
- Our health clinic at school offers COVID-19 vaccinations! Reach out to Brenda or Fio to set up an appointment today! Brenda’s email: [email protected]; Fio’s email: [email protected] or call (718) 319-7270
Remind your child to wear a mask correctly and wash their hands at school!
- It’s important that students wear their mask the entire school day and wear it correctly except when eating. This is a NYC requirement.
- If you are called about a mask issue for your child, please take this seriously and speak to them. Your child could be putting themselves or others at risk for COVID-19.
- Students are required to wear masks that cover their nose and chin with no ventilation port. Ski masks and other winter gear are NOT acceptable masks. Please do not send them with your child to school, they are not permitted during the school day.
Complete the health screening each morning and watch out for symptoms.
- Make sure you take your child’s temperature each morning and watch out for COVID-19 symptoms. Do not send your child to school if they are experiencing any COVID-10 symptoms such as: fever/chills, cough, difficulty breathing, and new loss of taste or smell.
Thank you for your support in keeping everyone safe in our community. We cannot do it alone! We must all work together!